This machine is mainly used for processing holes on H-beam, channel beam with high speed, the positioning, feeding of 3 spindles are all driven by servo motor. It adopts spindle servo motor, controls by CNC system, and in-feeding by CNC carriage, high efficiency, and high precision; and it is wildly used in construction, bridge and other industries.
- The whole machine is optimized integrated design, with high quality machine body and drilling units, which ensure high stability and high rigidity when high speed drilling. This machine is mainly composed of main machine, CNC sliding table (3), drilling spindle box (3), clamping device, detection device, cooling system, scrap box, hydraulic station, lubrication system, Tool Magazine(optional), marking unit (optional).
- The main machine is welded by square pipe. The structure of main machine is strengthened where the stress is greater. After welding, artificial aging treatment was carried out. All these ensure the stability of the main machine and then ensure accuracy of the whole machine.
- There are 3 CNC sliding tables: fixed side CNC sliding table, movable side CNC sliding table and intermediate CNC sliding table. The 3 sliding tables are similar in structure and are composed of sliding plate, sliding table and servo drive system.
- There are 6 CNC axes on the 3 sliding tables, including 3 feeding CNC axes and 3 positioning CNC axes. Each CNC axle is guided by precise linear rolling guide, driven by AC servo motor and ball screw, which ensures positioning accuracy.
- There are 3 spindle boxes, which are mounted on 3 NC sliding tables for horizontal and vertical drilling. Each drilling spindle box can drill both separately and simultaneously.
- Used high-speed precision spindle from ZheJiang ‘s well-known brand, model BT, which can meet the using demand of both hard alloy and high-speed steel drill. Every CNC axes are guided by the heavy loading roller linear guide, driven by the servo motor and roller screw which ensure the rigidity and positional accuracy
- Also equips with hydraulic tool cylinder, using hydraulic -disc spring to do automatic tool de-clamping, tool pulling, with tool status monitoring device to check the tool clamping and effective safety co-locking protection device. Easy to change tools. The spindle is driven by spindle servo and timing belt, reducing ratio i=2 , spindle speed is 0~3000r/min, large rotation speed range.
- The workpiece is fixed by hydraulic clamping method. There are 5 hydraulic cylinders, which are clamped horizontally and vertically. Horizontal clamping consists of fixed side datum and moving side clamping, fixed side datum is fixed, moving side clamping is driven by large cylinder sliding table, guided by linear CZPT rail, moving towards the fixed side to clamp the workpiece horizontally; vertical clamping is on both fixed side and moving side, and each cylinder drives the pressure bar to move up and down in 4 positions. The workpiece is clamped vertically.
- The machine is fed by a NC carriage. The NC carriage is decelerated by the servo motor through the reducer and then passes through the gear rack to driven a laser alignment device. When the workpiece is fed in, the workpiece can be detected and then fed back to realize the precise positioning of the workpiece.
- Cooling system: using air-fog cooling, with the internal and external cooling. Each drilling spindle box is equipped with its own external cooling nozzle and internal cooling joint, which can be selected according to the needs of drilling holes. Internal and external cooling can be used independently or simultaneously.
- Chip collecting box: Universal caster guide, easy to carry.
- The hydraulic system is for auto tool device of ram type drilling box,Horizontal clamping, vertical clamping, side pushing and power raceway, unified oil supply; all the hydraulic units are from imported brands or joint venture companies, for easy maintenance and solving oil leaking, all the design adopts accumulative valves.If marking unit is equipped, there is also an independent hydraulic station for marking unit action.
- Machine equips with auto lubrication system, automatic pump the lubrication oil into and do fully lubrication for each and every part of linear guide, ball screw nuts and every rolling bearings etc at regular time, no need manual lubrication, increase the parts life and save time. All the lubrication pump and units are using famous brands.
- Tool Magazine(optional): Installed 3 inline type tool magazine, which realize the automatic tool change, also meet the demand of drilling multiple diameter’s hole. Oil spray and air spray cooling, has inner cooling and outer cooling efficacy.
- Marking unit (optional): The marking unit adopts the disc typing structure, 0-9, A-Z, 36 characters are distributed on the disc, and the position is selected by the servo motor.
- The CNC control system is the Siemens PLC. Strong anti-interference, high precision, because of the digital communication, thus overcome the defect of easy be interference in traditional pulse analog transmission.
- In order to ensure the accuracy, reliability and stability of transmission system, electrical system, hydraulic system, all the key components are from international famous brand.
|Work piece size
|Max. workpiece length(mm)
|Max. workpiece thickness(mm)
|Max. feed weight (t)
|Spindle rotation speed(r/min)
|Max. hole diameter(mm)
|Center line movement scope(mm)
|Center slide table/
|Fixed side/movement side
|Tool Magazine Quantity
|Tools quantity for each Magazine
|Spindle motor power S1(kW)
|Feeding servo motor(kW)
|Position servo motor(kW)
|Feeding carriage servo motor(kW)
|3 positioning CNC axes (m/min)
|3 feeding CNC axes (m/min)
|Max. feeding speed (m/min)
|CNC axes quantity
|Max. Hydraulic Pressure (MPa)
|No. of nozzle
|Pressure of compressed air (Mpa)
|Spray cooling, Internal cooling & external cooling
|Three phase 4 wire system 380V±10%, 50/60HZ
|0ºC ~ 40ºC
|Humidity of environment
|Main Machine weight (Kg)
What Are the Advantages of a Splined Shaft?
If you are looking for the right splined shaft for your machine, you should know a few important things. First, what type of material should be used? Stainless steel is usually the most appropriate choice, because of its ability to offer low noise and fatigue failure. Secondly, it can be machined using a slotting or shaping machine. Lastly, it will ensure smooth motion. So, what are the advantages of a splined shaft?
Stainless steel is the best material for splined shafts
When choosing a splined shaft, you should consider its hardness, quality, and finish. Stainless steel has superior corrosion and wear resistance. Carbon steel is another good material for splined shafts. Carbon steel has a shallow carbon content (about 1.7%), which makes it more malleable and helps ensure smooth motion. But if you’re not willing to spend the money on stainless steel, consider other options.
There are 2 main types of splines: parallel splines and crowned splines. Involute splines have parallel grooves and allow linear and rotary motion. Helical splines have involute teeth and are oriented at an angle. This type allows for many teeth on the shaft and minimizes the stress concentration in the stationary joint.
Large evenly spaced splines are widely used in hydraulic systems, drivetrains, and machine tools. They are typically made from carbon steel (CR10) and stainless steel (AISI 304). This material is durable and meets the requirements of ISO 14-B, formerly DIN 5463-B. Splined shafts are typically made of stainless steel or C45 steel, though there are many other materials available.
Stainless steel is the best material for a splined shaft. This metal is also incredibly affordable. In most cases, stainless steel is the best choice for these shafts because it offers the best corrosion resistance. There are many different types of splined shafts, and each 1 is suited for a particular application. There are also many different types of stainless steel, so choose stainless steel if you want the best quality.
For those looking for high-quality splined shafts, CZPT Spline Shafts offer many benefits. They can reduce costs, improve positional accuracy, and reduce friction. With the CZPT TFE coating, splined shafts can reduce energy and heat buildup, and extend the life of your products. And, they’re easy to install – all you need to do is install them.
They provide low noise, low wear and fatigue failure
The splines in a splined shaft are composed of 2 main parts: the spline root fillet and the spline relief. The spline root fillet is the most critical part, because fatigue failure starts there and propagates to the relief. The spline relief is more susceptible to fatigue failure because of its involute tooth shape, which offers a lower stress to the shaft and has a smaller area of contact.
The fatigue life of splined shafts is determined by measuring the S-N curve. This is also known as the Wohler curve, and it is the relationship between stress amplitude and number of cycles. It depends on the material, geometry and way of loading. It can be obtained from a physical test on a uniform material specimen under a constant amplitude load. Approximations for low-alloy steel parts can be made using a lower-alloy steel material.
Splined shafts provide low noise, minimal wear and fatigue failure. However, some mechanical transmission elements need to be removed from the shaft during assembly and manufacturing processes. The shafts must still be capable of relative axial movement for functional purposes. As such, good spline joints are essential to high-quality torque transmission, minimal backlash, and low noise. The major failure modes of spline shafts include fretting corrosion, tooth breakage, and fatigue failure.
The outer disc carrier spline is susceptible to tensile stress and fatigue failure. High customer demands for low noise and low wear and fatigue failure makes splined shafts an excellent choice. A fractured spline gear coupling was received for analysis. It was installed near the top of a filter shaft and inserted into the gearbox motor. The service history was unknown. The fractured spline gear coupling had longitudinally cracked and arrested at the termination of the spline gear teeth. The spline gear teeth also exhibited wear and deformation.
A new spline coupling method detects fault propagation in hollow cylindrical splined shafts. A spline coupling is fabricated using an AE method with the spline section unrolled into a metal plate of the same thickness as the cylinder wall. In addition, the spline coupling is misaligned, which puts significant concentration on the spline teeth. This further accelerates the rate of fretting fatigue and wear.
A spline joint should be lubricated after 25 hours of operation. Frequent lubrication can increase maintenance costs and cause downtime. Moreover, the lubricant may retain abrasive particles at the interfaces. In some cases, lubricants can even cause misalignment, leading to premature failure. So, the lubrication of a spline coupling is vital in ensuring proper functioning of the shaft.
The design of a spline coupling can be optimized to enhance its wear resistance and reliability. Surface treatments, loads, and rotation affect the friction properties of a spline coupling. In addition, a finite element method was developed to predict wear of a floating spline coupling. This method is feasible and provides a reliable basis for predicting the wear and fatigue life of a spline coupling.
They can be machined using a slotting or shaping machine
Machines can be used to shape splined shafts in a variety of industries. They are useful in many applications, including gearboxes, braking systems, and axles. A slotted shaft can be manipulated in several ways, including hobbling, broaching, and slotting. In addition to shaping, splines are also useful in reducing bar diameter.
When using a slotting or shaping machine, the workpiece is held against a pedestal that has a uniform thickness. The machine is equipped with a stand column and limiting column (Figure 1), each positioned perpendicular to the upper surface of the pedestal. The limiting column axis is located on the same line as the stand column. During the slotting or shaping process, the tool is fed in and out until the desired space is achieved.
One process involves cutting splines into a shaft. Straddle milling, spline shaping, and spline cutting are 2 common processes used to create splined shafts. Straddle milling involves a fixed indexing fixture that holds the shaft steady, while rotating milling cutters cut the groove in the length of the shaft. Several passes are required to ensure uniformity throughout the spline.
Splines are a type of gear. The ridges or teeth on the drive shaft mesh with grooves in the mating piece. A splined shaft allows the transmission of torque to a mate piece while maximizing the power transfer. Splines are used in heavy vehicles, construction, agriculture, and massive earthmoving machinery. Splines are used in virtually every type of rotary motion, from axles to transmission systems. They also offer better fatigue life and reliability.
Slotting or shaping machines can also be used to shape splined shafts. Slotting machines are often used to machine splined shafts, because it is easier to make them with these machines. Using a slotting or shaping machine can result in splined shafts of different sizes. It is important to follow a set of spline standards to ensure your parts are manufactured to the highest standards.
A milling machine is another option for producing splined shafts. A spline shaft can be set up between 2 centers in an indexing fixture. Two side milling cutters are mounted on an arbor and a spacer and shims are inserted between them. The arbor and cutters are then mounted to a milling machine spindle. To make sure the cutters center themselves over the splined shaft, an adjustment must be made to the spindle of the machine.
The machining process is very different for internal and external splines. External splines can be broached, shaped, milled, or hobbed, while internal splines cannot. These machines use hard alloy, but they are not as good for internal splines. A machine with a slotting mechanism is necessary for these operations.